The Gravilog® drilling gravimetry probe is a powerful diagnostic tool that complements our solutions in electromagnetism and induced polarization. Any "in-hole" or "off-hole" anomaly can be tested to determine if a high density volume corresponds to it. A judicious use of gravimetry in drilling saves time and money.
- Detection of mass excesses: massive sulphides, chromite ore, stockworks, barite deposits, etc.
- Detection of mass deficit: coal, lignite, salt deposits, placers, karst, etc.
- Differentiate from conductors with a mass anomaly (eg graphite vs sulphides)
- Indicate an absence of excess mass (graphite band) or a deficit of mass (zones of alteration, crushing or fracture).
- Detect and evaluate tonnage of massive sulphide clusters (eg VMS), irrespective of their shape.
- Obtain the intrinsic density of the formations intersected by the hole.
- Introduce constraints for 2D / 3D inversion of a surface gravimetric survey.
Detection of mass excesses: massive sulphides, chromite ore, stockworks, barite deposits, etc.
Abitibi Geophysics is the only company authorized by Scintrex to offer the gravilog
Gives a quantitative assessment of the contents